Happy Feast Day! The express purpose of this devotion was to make reparation for the blasphemies and outrages of the ‘revolutionaries’ of that time, the blasphemies of atheists, freethinkers and Masons, and for blasphemy and the profanation of Sundays by Catholics. Oh how this devotion is needed in the Church today as these errors are so prevalent all the way up to the top.
We read in Sr. Marie de St. Pierre's autobiography:
“Then He unfolded His Heart to me, concentrating therein the powers of my soul, and addressed me thus: ‘My Name is everywhere blasphemed; even little children blaspheme it.’ And He made me understand how that dreadful sin pierced and wounded His Heart more than all other crimes.
“By blasphemy, the sinner outrages Him to His Face, attacks Him openly, and pronounces upon himself his own judgment and condemnation. Blasphemy is a poisoned arrow, wounding His Divine Heart continually. He told me that He would give me a “Golden Arrow” with which to wound Him delightfully and heal the poisonous wounds caused by sin.”
Our Lord then dictated to Sr. Marie the following Golden Arrow prayer, assuring her that every time she said it, she would lovingly wound His Heart.
The Golden Arrow Prayer
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored, and glorified in Heaven, on earth and in Hell, by all the creatures of God, and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.
Our Lord told Sr. Marie on March 16, 1844: “Oh if you only knew what great merit you acquire by saying even once, ‘Admirable is the Name of God!’ in the spirit of reparation for blasphemy.”
Promises of Our Lord to Sister Marie de Saint-Pierre
* “By My Holy Face you shall work wonders.” (October 27, 1845)
* “All those who honor My Holy Face in a spirit of reparation will thus perform the office of the pious Veronica.” (October 27, 1845)
* “According to the care you take in making Reparation to My Face, disfigured by blasphemies, so will I care for yours, which has been disfigured by sin. I will reprint on it My Image and render it as beautiful as it was on leaving the baptismal font.” (November 3, 1845)
* “Our Lord has promised me for all those who defend His cause in this Work of Reparation, by words, by prayers or in writing, that He will defend them before His Father. At their death He will purify their souls by effacing all blots of sin and will restore to them their primitive beauty.” (March 12, 1846)
* “By My Holy Face you will obtain the conversion of many sinners. Nothing that you ask in making this offering will be refused to you. No one can know how pleasing the sight of My Face is to My Father!” (November 22, 1846)
* “Our Lord has promised me that He will imprint His Divine likeness on the souls of those who honor His Holy Countenance.” (January 21, 1847)
Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for us!
Good St. Therese of the Child Jesus and of the Holy Face, pray for us!
Good St. Veronica, pray for us!
Good Sr. Marie de St. Pierre, pray for us!
Bernadette Porter is a Traditional Catholic, a wife of 41 years with 6 adult home-schooled children and 5 grandchildren. A sincere devotion to Mary, the Mother of God leads me to want to share "The Church's best kept secret" - Mary!