Greetings in Jesus and Mary...
This Sunday (tomorrow) starts the very powerful Novena to the Holy Face of Jesus. The Feast Day is always Shrove Tuesday - the day before Ash Wednesday which means the date changes each year. This is a Carmelite devotion that offers Reparation - therefore it is highly recommended to do. I have added a new section under "Devotions" at the top with information on the Novena and various prayers - (link below for easy access). There are so many graces given to this devotion that it can not be more highly encouraged for as many to participate as possible. We need the miraculous intervention of the Most Holy Face of Jesus Devotion!
1) By my Holy Face you shall work miracles!
2) By my Holy Face you will obtain the conversion of many sinners!
3) Nothing that you ask in making this offering will be refused to you.
4) If you knew how pleasing the sight of My Face is to My Father.
5) As in a kingdom you can procure all you wish for with a coin marked with the King's effigy so in the Kingdom of Heaven you will obtain all you desire with the precious coin of My Holy Face.
6) Our Lord has promised me that He will imprint His divine likeness on the souls of those who honor His most Holy Countenance.
7) All those who honor My Holy Face in a spirit of reparation will, by so doing, perform the office of the pious Veronica.
8) According to the care you take in making reparation to My Face, disfigured by blasphemies, so will I take care of yours, which has been disfigured by sin. I will reprint therein My image and render it as beautiful as it was on leaving the Baptismal font.
9) Our Lord promised me that all those who defend His cause in this work of reparation, by words, by prayers, or in writing, He will defend them before His Father, at their death He will purify their souls by effacing all the blots of sins and will restore to them their primitive beauty.
The Veil of Veronica is a precious relic of the Catholic Church which is preserved and venerated at St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome. Over the course of years, the Church has permitted certain other images of the Holy Face to be touched to this True Image in Rome and has given to the faithful who venerate them the same indulgences as if they were to kneel before the actual Veil of Veronica in Rome when it is on display. These “copies” of the actual Veil of Veronica bear a red wax seal on the lower portion of the picture. The image here is one such copy which was given to Leo Dupont (early 19th century) and before which he burned an oil lamp as a sign of his love.
The Image of the Holy Face of Jesus on the Veil of Veronica is very expressive of the love of the Heart of Jesus for us! See how much He loves us that He would allow Himself to be mistreated so! Yet the image on Veronica’s Veil also preserves the memory of the love which Veronica had for Jesus in braving an angry crowd of people hostile to Jesus. It was Our Lord’s way of showing how pleased He was with her act of courage and devotion. What will Our Lord fail to do for us if we honor Him with a like devotion? How many miracles of grace will He not perform through His Holy Face to touch our hearts and the hearts of our loved ones and draw us closer to Himself? Join us during this Novena to give Him the love and gratitude which are due to Him as our merciful Savior and Redeemer. Below is a little history but please visit the Devotions section on this website for more and for the actual Novena.
In Tours, France a young Carmelite nun, Sister Marie de Saint-Pierre (1816-1848), received a series of revelations in the 1840s from Our Lord about a powerful devotion He wished to be established worldwide – the devotion to his Holy Face.
The express purpose of this devotion was to make reparation for the blasphemies and outrages of the ‘revolutionaries’ of that time, the blasphemies of atheists, freethinkers and Masons, and for blasphemy and the profanation of Sundays by Catholics.
We read in her autobiography:
“Then He unfolded His Heart to me, concentrating therein the powers of my soul, and addressed me thus: ‘My Name is everywhere blasphemed; even little children blaspheme it.’ And He made me understand how that dreadful sin pierced and wounded His Heart more than all other crimes.
“By blasphemy, the sinner outrages Him to His Face, attacks Him openly, and pronounces upon himself his own judgment and condemnation. Blasphemy is a poisoned arrow, wounding His Divine Heart continually. He told me that He would give me a “Golden Arrow” with which to wound Him delightfully and heal the poisonous wounds caused by sin.”
Our Lord then dictated to Sr. Mary the following Golden Arrow prayer, assuring her that every time she said it, she would lovingly wound His Heart.
THE GOLDEN ARROW
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most mysterious and unutterable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored, and glorified in Heaven, on earth and in under the earth, by all the creatures of God, and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.
Our Lord told Sr. Mary on March 16, 1844: “Oh if you only knew what great merit you acquire by saying even once, ‘Admirable is the Name of God!’ in the spirit of reparation for blasphemy.”
Bernadette Porter is a Traditional Catholic, a wife of 41 years with 6 adult home-schooled children and 6 grandchildren. A sincere devotion to Mary, the Mother of God leads me to want to share "The Church's best kept secret" - Mary!